This course is an introduction to the elements and principles of three dimensional design. We will work with diverse materials to create sculptural forms that develop each student’s personal expression and critical thinking skills. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Humanities)
- Identify and apply the elements of art used in three-dimensional artwork and critiques.
- Identify and apply the principles of art used in three-dimensional artwork and critiques.
- Identify and apply the components used to achieve aesthetics in three-dimensional artworks.
- Demonstrate technical ability and competence through projects involving the use of three-dimensional art mediums.
- Demonstrate an ability to objectively critique artwork by assessing, analyzing, and understanding other artwork as well as your own.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to constructive feedback from the instructor and other students in a professional manner.
- Develop some cultural awareness of visual arts practice and history.