Painting from past through present. Exploration of beginning painting techniques, concepts, composition problems. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Humanities, Elective)
- Identify and apply the elements of art used in Paintings and critiques.
- Identify and apply the principles of art used in Paintings and critiques.
- Identify and apply the components used to achieve aesthetics in Paintings.
- Demonstrate technical ability and competence through projects involving the use of painting mediums.
- Demonstrate an ability to objectively critique artwork by assessing, analyzing, and understanding other artwork as well as your own.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to constructive feedback from the instructor and other students in a professional manner.
- Develop some cultural awareness of painting practice and history.