ART 112 : Life Drawing
The course is an introduction to creating drawings based on in-class observations of a range of posed models. The class also provides an overview of the drawing process as a form of visual thinking in relation to rendering the human figure through a variety of techniques and art-making materials ranging from charcoal and graphite to color pastels and acrylic paint. (H)
- Identify and apply the elements of art used in figure drawings and critiques.
- Identify and apply the principles of art used in figure drawings and critiques.
- Identify and apply the components used to achieve aesthetics in figure drawings.
- Demonstrate technical ability and competence through projects involving the use of various drawing mediums.
- Demonstrate an ability to objectively critique artwork by assessing, analyzing, and understanding other artwork as well as your own.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to constructive feedback from the instructor and other students in a professional manner.
- Develop some cultural awareness of figure drawing practice and history.