ART 128 : History of Art III
The art of the modern age is explored. Developments studied include Neoclassicism, Romanticism, Realism, Impressionism, the Fauves, Art Nouveau, Cubism, Surrealism, Regionalism, Abstraction, Pop Art, and Post Modernism. Illustrated lectures. (H)
- Gain an understanding of some of the historical traditions in the visual arts.
- Describe, analyze, interpret, understand, and discuss selected works from the history of visual art.
- Identify a visual artwork from the course content and understand its place in history as well as its relationship to art and other aspects of culture.
- Define art terminology from the course content and correctly apply it correctly in context of historical works of visual art.
- Identify the geographical location an artwork came from and the artist responsible for its creation when possible.
- Experience a visual art location outside of the classroom and reflect upon the experience.