ART 260 : Special Topics in Studio Art I
The focus of the course is determined by student interests and will include a diverse offering of special topics in the advanced study of ceramics. This course helps students advance techniques and concepts through studio work, art theory, processes and personal expression. (E)
Permission of the instructor.
- Identify and apply the elements of art used in artwork and critiques.
- Identify and apply the principles of art used in artwork and critiques.
- Identify and apply the components used to achieve aesthetics in artworks.
- Demonstrate an increased technical ability and competence through projects involving the use of the medium/s being studied.
- Demonstrate an increased ability to objectively critique artwork by assessing, analyzing, and understanding other artwork as well as your own.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to constructive feedback from the instructor and other students in a professional manner.
- Develop an increased cultural awareness of visual arts practice and history.
- Demonstrate appropriate health and safety practices in the studio.