Students will learn how to use automotive hand tools and industry specific and equipment for electrical, gas, and diesel vehicles. Emphasis on automotive shop safety, personal protective equipment, and hazardous materials handling. Class includes overview of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification standards. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Recognize unsafe situations that may occur in an automotive repair shop
- Identify the safety precautions and procedures when working with electrical, gas, and diesel vehicles in a repair shop setting
- Describe the proper application of safety procedures for electrical, gas, and diesel vehicles
- Demonstrate safe operation of available equipment.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate hand tools and diagnostic equipment.