Survey of gas and diesel engine vehicles, including vehicle service information such as fluid type, internal combustion engine operation, vehicle service history, service precautions, technical service bulletins, and recalls. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Inspect engine assembly for fuel, oil, coolant, and other leaks
- Identify cylinder head and valve train components and configurations
- Identify engine block assembly components and configurations
- Identify lubrication and cooling system components and configurations
- Perform engine oil and filter change per manufacturer specifications