This course introduces the skills necessary to screen clients for service eligibility, complete intake processes, conduct comprehensive assessments, and partner with clients to develop effective plans to achieve client-identified goals. This class may include students from multiple sections.
Must be seeking a Bachelor of Applied Science in Behavioral Healthcare degree to enroll. If interested, visit pencol.edu/bas
Admission to the Bachelor of Applied Science-Behavioral Healthcare program.
- Articulate the enduring possibility of change within every person
- Check applicants' eligibility for services within a specified setting
- Collaborate with clients to determine and articulate presenting problems
- Interview clients to assess strengths, weaknesses, and service needs
- Develop a biopsychosocial assessment
- Use Motivational Interviewing techniques to help clients create specific, measurable goals
- Create a client-centered, strengths-based, individualized service plan
- Demonstrate the ability to safely discharge clients from services