Courses designed to improve reading, writing, and speaking the English language in order to become college and/or career ready.
- construct meaning from oral presentations and literary and informational text through level-appropriate listening, reading, and viewing.
- Participate in level-appropriate oral and written exchanges of information, ideas, and analyses, in various social and academic contexts, responding to peer, audience, or reader comments and questions.
- Speak and write about level-appropriate complex literary and informational texts and topics.
- Construct level-appropriate oral and written claims and support them with reasoning and evidence.
- Conduct research and evaluate and communicate findings to answer questions or solve problems.
- Analyze and critique the arguments of others orally and in writing.
- Adapt language choices to purpose, task, and audience when speaking and writing.
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases in oral presentations and literary and informational text.
- Create clear and coherent level-appropriate speech and text.