Introduction to the fundamentals of business law and the principles of the American legal system including criminal, tort, and business law, contracts, sales, Uniform Commercial Code, and employment. Familiarity with Washington’s RCWs (Revised Codes of Washington) and WACs (Washington Administrative Codes) emphasized through researching regional business law cases. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Elective)
- Exhibit critical thinking and knowledge in the legal environment.
- Describe the basic structure and principles of the American legal environment.
- Critique ethical issues in business, including their legal implications.
- Analyze rights, obligations and legal principles involved with business decisions.
- Apply business and legal principles when analyzing opening or managing a business scenarios.
- Identify options and apply sound business and legal principles to avoid or mitigate lawsuits.