BUS 250 : Operations Management
Designed to present operations management tools that can be used to develop a competitive advantage in commercial environments. Topics will be studied using an operations management framework: Introduction to operations management thinking, strategic and operational planning, ethical issues, organizational controls and tools, risk management, and the role of technology in operations management.
- Identify and apply the various elements that comprise the field of operations management (OM).
- Critique new and evolving concepts within OM.
- Select and use OM tools and concepts that can be applied to a wide variety of situations, including non-OM related areas.
- Analyze the relationship between OM and other management functions within an organization.
- Develop a strategy to use OM tools in solving common manufacturing and service industries operations.