BUS 283 : HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
A broad introduction to Human Resources Management (HRM.) HRM is the implementation of organizational behavior knowledge to effectively manage people at work. Specific topics include legal issues, job analysis, recruiting and selection, performance appraisal, compensation, benefits, training and development, and career planning.
- Develop skills and knowledge in planning strategic Human Resources (HR) policies.
- Describe the equal opportunity and legal environment and apply solutions to HR scenarios.
- Explain how to manage effective staffing and employee separations and formulate HR strategies.
- Design practices for managing the training process.
- Describe an effective compensation and benefits strategy.
- Explain how to encourage effective communications.
- Identify employer’s responsibilities in discipline and safety.
At a Glance
Program: Business Administration