CHEM& 162 : General Chemistry with Lab II
This course focuses on physical and chemical interactions: intermolecular forces, properties of mixtures, gas laws, and thermodynamics. This course builds on the content developed in CHEM& 161. Three hours of lecture and four hours of laboratory. This class may include students from multiple sections. (E)
2.0 or higher in CHEM& 161 or permission of instructor.
- Communication - Distinguish between opinions, interpretations, and solid evidence with regard to chemical systems.
- Quantitative Reasoning - Apply quantitative methods to characterize physical and chemical changes (gas laws and thermodynamics).
- Information - Utilize the scientific method to explore chemical systems.
- Critical Thinking - Describe chemical systems in terms of structure and energy.
- Personal & Interpersonal - Define chemistry as a scientific study of matter and its impact on society and everyday life.