CMST& 102 : INTRO TO MASS MEDIA
Examines vital issues for people who use mass media or are affected by it. Emphasis on freedom of expression, censorship, fair trial, privacy, ethics, law, media economics, technology, effectiveness in communicating to audiences, and relationships to social, cultural, and political values in the United States and throughout the world. (H)
- Define basic principles of media ethics and media law.
- Recognize mainstream social, cultural, and political values and structures related to mass media.
- Recognize the roles of mass media to serve as information provider, entertainer, persuader, and transmitter of cultural values.
- Recognize the basics of media economics and the role of technology across the dynamics of international landscapes.
- Recognize and analyze how the individual must take responsibility for self learning and engagement in a democratic society that is dependent on mass media.
At a Glance
Program: Communication Study