Intermediate/advanced class applying professional standards of journalistic photography to practical field experience and digital imagery. Produce color photos for assignments, mass communications, including the students news service The Buccaneer. Provide own DSLR camera equipment or mobile device and USB drive for photo storage and field work. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Elective)
- Identify, categorize and defend a selection of newsworthy topics to photograph for the campus newspaper.
- Analyze with a photo editor the best approach and photo treatment of an assignment.
- Work independently to complete a photo assignment in the field.
- Collaborate with other photographers to solve technical and aesthetic obstacles.
- Lead a discussion on the merits and weaknesses of an image in a group, peer critique.
- Demonstrate knowledge of color contrasts in visual journalism.