CMST 122-123 : ADVANCED PHOTOJOURNALISM II, III
Intermediate/advanced class applying professional standards of journalistic photography to practical field experience and digital imagery. Produce photos for the college student newspaper and online publications. Provide own still camera equipment, film, photo paper, negative sleeves, and MAC zip disks for photo storage and safeguarding. (E)
- Identify, categorize and defend a selection of newsworthy topics to photograph for the campus newspaper.
- Analyze with a photo editor the best approach and photo treatment of an assignment.
- Work independently to complete a photo assignment in the field.
- Collaborate with other photographers to solve technical and aesthetic obstacles.
- Lead a discussion on the merits and weaknesses of an image in a group, peer critique.
- Demonstrate knowledge of color contrasts in visual journalism.
At a Glance
Completion of CMST 121, and/or instructor permission. (E)
Program: Communication Study