Social media weaves a comforting security net for some and a withering web for others. An in-depth look at storytelling practices and civic engagement using emerging web tools. The tools of mobile technology in social media will be explored as they effect civic engagement, cultures, and communities around the world. Explore the phenomena of Twitter, Reddit, and the rise of information empires in the ascent of Facebook, our chosen family and fate. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Humanities, Elective)
- Demonstrate and accept responsibility for persinal learning in a digital environment.
- Recognize emerging web tools and social media networks.
- Recognize legal and ethical aspects of Web publications for informative, entertaining, and persuasive content.
- Identify case studies of social media in the role of informing, entertaining, and persuasions across historic systems of politics, commerce, and global communications.
- Recognize the source of communications and its role in creating factual versus opinion-based content.