Students will gain practical experience in design, carpentry, and rigging for stage and theater performances. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Formerly GRBD 104)
This class has a $65 construction technology course fee.
- Describe theater and stage safety regulations and practices.
- Use theater carpentry and rigging terminology.
- Demonstrate familiarity with hand tools for stage and scene carpentry.
- Work as a team to build a scene for a theater performance or event.
- Explore scenery design, props, and scenic painting for a theater production.
- Design, operate, and maintain stage-rigging equipment.
- Inspect, maintain and manage theater scenes and stage-rigging systems.
- Demonstrate backstage logistics and planning for theater productions.