This class introduces students to the skills and techniques necessary to repair, maintain, and remodel conventional stick frame residential and light commercial construction. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Formerly GRBD 114)
This class has a $65 construction technology course fee.
- Demonstrate and perform the task of preparing and applying for a remodel construction permit.
- Explain the construction balloon frame and conventional stick frame houses and how it has changed over one hundred years.
- Demonstrate and/or explain the proper identification, treatment, and disposal of asbestos and lead based paint.
- Collaborate, as a crew would on a jobsite, to perform repairs and improvements on existing residential and light commercial structures.
- Demonstrate the ability to frame the rough openings for replacement windows and doors in exterior and interior walls.