Learn building codes and standards applicable to building construction and the inspection process. The class will focus on a variety of local jurisdictions and differences in the permit and inspection process. Students will study the basic building codes necessary for carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and heating, ventilation and cooling (HVAC) as well as where to locate advanced code requirements. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Explain guidelines for obtaining a building permit and map out the process from application through to final inspection
- Identify the correct type of building permit required for a specific construction project
- Demonstrate the process for obtaining a building permit by successfully completing the application process
- Demonstrate the process of preparing for and scheduling for an inspection
- Describe commonly used building codes and their use in a construction project