Students will learn the necessary skills required to research, design, and build backyard farm and garden structures that promote efficiency of urban sustainable living. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Formerly GRBD 160)
This class has a $65 construction technology course fee.
- Define terminology and concepts related to hands on carpentry techniques for small farm and backyard structures.
- Locate, identify, and comply with local Laws, Codes, Covenants, and Restrictions.
- Develop the skills and confidence to safely use common hand and power tools.
- Students will learn to read and build from prints and shop drawings and will learn the skills necessary to construct shop drawings.
- Identify and select the proper materials and fasteners for your project.
- Research, design, and build small outdoor structures.