Learn basic facilities maintenance skills in plumbing, HVAC, carpentry tools, electrical, building codes, and permits. Class emphasizes safety and standards necessary to repair and maintain residential homes, buildings, and facilities. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Formerly GRBD 195)
This class has a $65 construction technology course fee.
- Describe day-to-day responsibilities and operational tasks of a facility maintenance technician
- Explain safety guidelines for facilities maintenance and renovation tools
- Work in teams to perform repairs and improvements on a residential home or commercial facility
- Demonstrate basic maintenance procedures for heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Demonstrate the ability to follow systematic, diagnostic, and troubleshooting practices
- Explain the importance of acknowledging customer needs and expectations