This class will focus on the proper and safe construction of both rafter and truss roof systems. Students will learn about various roofing material, practice flashing and installing multiple roofing products. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Using OSHA approved fall protection equipment, students will demonstrate the proper way to harness and operate on a roof.
- Following OSHA guidelines, students will successfully and properly setup scaffolding, ladders, ladder jacks, planks and roof jacks.
- Students will have working knowledge of diagnosing the indicators of the most common roof leakage hazards and demonstrate the proper way to flash them.
- Students will construct and roof both a truss and a rafter roof system.
- Students will calculate and cut the seat cut and top cut of an exposed truss so that it is both structurally and visually sound.