CJ& 101 : INTRODUCTION TO CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Traces historical development of courts corrections, and law enforcement to understand structure and process of the criminal justice system. Examines roles, responsibilities, and perspectives of its participants. (E)
- Define what historical events influenced the development of our current criminal justice system.
- Identify and discuss and discuss the strength and weaknesses of the U.S. criminal justice system.
- Define the elements of a crime and distinguish between civil and criminal law.
- Identify and discuss the role of the police, courts and correctional components of the criminal justice system.
- Discuss the role of the prosecutor in the criminal justice process, the areas of conflict and cooperation between the prosecutor and the police.
- Discuss the pretrial procedures following arrest and describe the process including the problems and purposes associated with each step.
- Describe the organization, function and jurisdiction of Federal and State Courts, and discuss the role of the judge in a criminal trial.
At a Glance
Program: Criminal Justice