CJ& 106 : Juvenile Justice
Overview of the juvenile justice system covering due process requirements of each phase of the process. Also examines theories behind delinquency causation and discusses treatment modalities and programs.
- Understand the nature and purposes of the juvenile justice system.
- Understand the reasons for the development of juvenile court.
- Understand how the juvenile court functions.
- Understand the philosophical basis for the juvenile court.
- Understand the limitations of the juvenile court and the reasons for those limitations.
- Understand the correctional process of the juvenile justice system and its integration into the adult correctional system.
- Understand the current issues in the field of juvenile justice and trends for the future.