CJ 115 : CONSTITUTIONAL ISSUES IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Comprehensive study and analysis of constitutional law applying to administration of justice (criminal law procedure), specifically constitutional guidelines guaranteeing due process of law, equal protection, and fundamental fairness in application of the law.
- To appreciate the long constitutional history of responding to crime with justice;
- To understand the developments in society such as technological innovations shape and reshape criminal justice legislation;
- To understand the roles and functions of police, courts and corrections in a constantly challenging society;
- To understand and appreciate a multicultural society;
- To understand and explain the constitutional issues facing today’s criminal justice system;
- Identify the constitutional roles and functions of police, courts, and corrections as they apply to the criminal justice system.
At a Glance
Program: Criminal Justice