Criminal investigation case management, interview/ interrogation techniques and methods for reconstructing past events. Provides basic skills for conducting criminal investigations. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Define the major historical benchmarks of criminal investigation.
- Define and apply the basic concepts of criminal investigation.
- Define and apply how current technology impacts police investigations.
- Understand the interrelationships that the criminal investigator has with other professionals in the system.
- Understand crime specific investigative techniques.
- Understand arrest and search responsibilities of investigators.
- Conduct successful victim, witness and suspect interviews.
- Understand court process, testimony and evidence presentation.
- Comprehend the importance of future directions in police criminal investigation techniques.