CJ 242 : Introduction to Police Management
Introduces selected issues and practices associated with midlevel police management. Emphasizes the changing police environment and the shift that has been occurring in police organizational structures.
- Define the major historical benchmarks of police management
- Define and apply the major theoretical management principles to current police operations including leadership, supervision, and communications
- Define and apply how current technology impacts police operations
- Present and analyze current managerial issues related to human resources, planning and labor relations
- Present future directions in police management
- Conduct proactive planning