CJ 250 : Supervision for Law Enforcement
Introduction to selected issues and practices associated with police supervision. This course focuses on strength based leadership, ethics, communications, empowerment, self-control, and teamwork. Students will learn how to apply basic leadership theory and practice of police supervision to improve performance and accountability.
- Identify issues related to supervising law enforcement personnel.
- Explore leadership theory and practices.
- Discuss the art of persuasion and the language of reassurance.
- Discuss ethics, empowerment, and self-control.
- Apply effective communication strategies to motivate individuals and teams.
- Analyze strength based leadership strategies in law enforcement.