Provides an introduction to the field of Cyber Security through the analysis of technology and concepts in the field of cyber security and cybercrime. This course provides a complete introduction to the protection of business information and systems that support business process. The objective is to identify common threats and attacks, analyze the role of security techniques and architectures, explain the role of cryptography, and analyze issues related to managing security. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Develop an understanding of security in relation to technology and information systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic computer and networking technologies in relation to IT security.
- Identify career pathways in the fields of digital forensics and cyber security.
- Explore case studies in the fields of cyber security and cyber crime.
- Develop basic understanding of the role of information security in the IT field.
- Identify core principles of cybercrime and cybersecurity.