DRMA 107 : THEATRE PRODUCTION AND DESIGN
This course provides instruction and experience in technical theater through lecture, readings, and practical experience. Students will work together as a production team to assist in the design and production of the play being performed within the quarter. This class will include students from multiple sections. (E)
- Identify the elements of meaningful and functional design of theatre performance.
- Apply knowledge of those elements to create meaningful and functional design for the theatre performance during the quarter.
- Identify and operate the basic systems in a theatre.
- Write critical analytical responses to plays being performed and various theatrical performance designs.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a technical stage crew.
- Participate effectively in production meetings.
- Advanced students will be able to facilitate production meetings and lead stage crews.
- Prepare to take the test to join IATSE Local 15 and work professionally as a stage technician if desired.
At a Glance