DRMA 175 : Introduction to Playwriting
Students will develop a critical vocabulary to talk about scripts as artifacts. Students will develop original one-act plays and compete for possible production spots in the spring Festival of Student-Directed One-Act Plays. (E)
- Identify dramatic action that will contribute to an effective writing structure.
- Analyze dramatic structure using Aristotle’s elements (i.e. plot, character, theme, diction, music, spectacle).
- Develop, edit, refine, and complete several playwriting assignments, including a 5-10 minute play for the Find Your Voice Play Festival and/or Studium Generale.
- Employ constructive feedback techniques for peers in class.
- Demonstrate critical vocabulary for identifying strengths and areas of concern in peer work.