This class focuses on the adult's role in designing, evaluating, and improving indoor and outdoor environments that ensure quality learning, nurturing experiences, and optimize the development of young children. This class may include students from multiple sections. STARS approved.
- Design healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging learning environments for children.
- Identify strategies to achieve compliance with Washington Administrative Code and other state or federal regulations.
- Create environments that promote growth in all developmental domains and academic disciplines.
- Establish environments, routines, and schedules that promote children’s age- appropriate, self-regulated behaviors.
- Establish environments that promote the cultural diversity of children, families, and their communities.