Provides an overview of appropriate math concepts for preschool age children and techniques to facilitate young children's math learning. Course also provides techniques adults may use to eliminate math anxiety and improve their basic math skills. This class may include students from multiple sections. STARS approved.
- Develop skills that eliminate adult math anxiety.
- Acquire knowledge about math concepts, which are appropriate for young children.
- Develop age appropriate and developmentally appropriate math activities and experiences for young children.
- Facilitate a math activity with a small group of young children.
- Design an environment for young children, which promotes math.