EDUC& 130 : GUIDING BEHAVIOR
Examine the principles and theories promoting social competence in young children and creating safe learning environments. Develop skills promoting effective interactions, providing positive individual guidance, and enhancing group experiences.
- Identify developmentally appropriate individual and group behaviors of children.
- Compare at least three approaches to guiding behavior.
- Recognize positive, respectful, culturally responsive approaches to guidance.
- Plan environment supportive of children’s development with focus on attachment, self-help, relationships, and executive function.
- Articulate strategies to promote social/emotional competence and positive sense of self.
At a Glance