An introductory course in understanding educational programs, and state and federal laws regarding the education of children with special needs. An overview of current issues, trends, and resources affecting services and programs for children with special needs. This class may include students from multiple sections. STARS approved. (Elective)
EDUC& 115 or instructor/advisor permission
- Explain the history and current legislation regarding education of young children with disabilities.
- Describe major categories and characteristics of developmental delays.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of educational models for children with special needs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how a child with special needs impacts a family.
- Outline the process of Child Find, assessment, placement, and program planning.