ENGL& 101 : ENGLISH COMPOSITION I
Active reading, effective writing, and critical thinking, using subjective and objective approaches. Introduction to research techniques. This class will include students from multiple sections. (CC)
- Demonstrate an ability to follow the writing process of prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing.
- Compose thesis-centered, well-organized essays that use correct grammar and mechanics with purpose, style, and voice.
- Discuss an author’s main point and supporting details in professional essays, assigned readings, and classmates’ essays.
- Recognize and avoid plagiarism, using proper citation format.
- Apply self-assessment to evaluate knowledge and skills in reading, writing, and research.
- Demonstrate good listening skills, and discuss different viewpoints.
At a Glance
Score of 92 or more on Accuplacer placement test, or passing ENGL 090, 091, or 092.