Active reading, effective writing, and critical thinking, using subjective and objective approaches. Introduction to research techniques. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Communication Skills)
Score of 92 or more on Accuplacer placement test, or passing ENGL 90/91/92
- Demonstrate an ability to follow the writing process of prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing.
- Compose thesis-centered, well-organized essays that use correct grammar and mechanics with purpose, style, and voice.
- Discuss an author’s main point and supporting details in professional essays, assigned readings, and classmates’ essays.
- Recognize and avoid plagiarism, using proper citation format.
- Apply self-assessment to evaluate knowledge and skills in reading, writing, and research.
- Demonstrate good listening skills, and discuss different viewpoints.