Study of the major genres of multicultural literature, including fiction, poetry, and drama. Focus on understanding key concepts to increase appreciation and knowledge. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Humanities, Elective)
- Writing Competency: Plan, draft, revise, and complete written compositions which express complex ideas and pose challenging questions, exhibiting clarity, coherence, completeness, correctness, and creativity.
- Reading Competency: Read a variety of texts, applying skills of comprehension, imagination, and analysis.
- Critical Thinking: Identify and troubleshoot problems; collect and apply data, recognize that values and perspectives influence thinking.
- Information Competency: Locate, retrieve, analyze, synthesize, evaluate, and integrate information.
- Personal Competency: Accept responsibility for one’s own learning.
- Interpersonal Competency: Listen actively, work cooperatively and productively with others, and make useful contributions in large and small group discussions.