ENGL& 111 : Introduction to Literature
Study of the major genres of multicultural literature, including fiction, poetry, and drama. Focus on understanding key concepts to increase appreciation and knowledge. (H)
ENGL& 101 or concurrent enrollment in ENGL& 101.
- Writing Competency: Plan, draft, revise, and complete written compositions which express complex ideas and pose challenging questions, exhibiting clarity, coherence, completeness, correctness, and creativity.
- Reading Competency: Read a variety of texts, applying skills of comprehension, imagination, and analysis.
- Critical Thinking: Identify and troubleshoot problems; collect and apply data, recognize that values and perspectives influence thinking.
- Information Competency: Locate, retrieve, analyze, synthesize, evaluate, and integrate information.
- Personal Competency: Accept responsibility for one’s own learning.
- Interpersonal Competency: Listen actively, work cooperatively and productively with others, and make useful contributions in large and small group discussions.