FLE 151-153 : Parenting Skills
For parents who have a child enrolled in an early childhood cooperative laboratory program. Develops and/ or enhances positive parenting skills. Parent seminars, observation, and participation in children’s program. Fall, Winter, Spring sequence.
A: Parenting Skills
Parents who attend classes will improve their parenting skills and increase their knowledge in the following areas:
- How children grow and develop.
- Making healthy and age appropriate choices for their children.
- Handling day-to-day challenges of raising children.
- Helping children learn.
- Coping with stress in their own lives, self-care and stress management.
- Positive interaction with co-parents and parents of other children.
- Awareness of community information, programs and resources that are available.
- Satisfaction in their parenting experiences.
- Using positive discipline appropriately with children.
B and C: Kaleidoscope Play and Learn
Parents and caregivers learn about:
- Activities they can do at home to support children's learning.
- Turning everyday activities- such as grocery shopping, cooking, and bath time- into early learning opportunities.
- Child development from birth to five.
- Skills children are expected to have by Kindergarten.
- Community programs and services available to help them raise healthy children.
- Building connections and friendships and how these lead to feeling support in the parental role.