Financial Resources

Financial Aid—Grants, Work Study and Loans

Peninsula College participates in a variety of federal and state grant, work-study, and loan programs. These programs are designed to assist you in paying for your educational expenses. For more information, visit

Eligibility for the following aid programs will be evaluated for all individuals who complete the financial aid application process:

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal SEOG (Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant)
  • Washington College Grant (formerly Washington State Need Grant)
  • Opportunity Grant
  • WA College Bound Scholarship
  • WA Passport to Careers for Foster and Homeless Youth Program
  • Peninsula College Grant
  • Need-Based Tuition-Waiver
  • Work Study
  • Federal Subsidized Direct Loan
  • Federal Unsubsidized Direct Loan
  • PLUS (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students)

For more information on financial aid opportunities, contact

Peninsula College does not and will not provide any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on success in securing enrollments or financial aid to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting or admission activities or in making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance. This paragraph shall not apply to the recruitment of foreign students residing in foreign countries who are not eligible to receive Federal student assistance.

Federal and State Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements

In order to be eligible for financial aid, you must meet the following requirements:

  • You have a high school diploma, GED® certificate, enrolled in an eligible pathway program, or meet the Ability to Benefit guidelines
  • You have been admitted to the college
  • You plan to complete a college degree or certificate program at Peninsula College and enroll in required classes for that degree or certificate
  • Be enrolled in at least 6 credits in order to be eligible for Direct Loan Program, PC Grant, Tuition Waiver, and work-study funds
  • Demonstrate financial need (for most programs)
  • You are making Satisfactory Academic Progress in your studies and are meeting the minimum Pace of Progression requirements
  • You are not currently in default on a student loan received at any school
  • You do not owe a repayment of grant funds at any college attended
  • You are a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States (certain exceptions if you are not a US Citizen but are a WA resident)
  • Be registered with Selective Service, if you’re a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25)
  • You have not been convicted of an illegal drug offense while receiving federal student aid
  • Submit your FAFSA or WASFA and turn in any required documents, following the Peninsula College Application Process and Deadlines


Information about scholarship opportunities is posted in the Financial Aid Office and at There are also many other websites with scholarship information. Unfortunately, some of these sites are less precise than others. One of the free sites recommended by financial aid administrators in Washington is

Opportunity Grant

The Opportunity Grant Program can provide funding for tuition and fees, books, and supplies for qualified adults for up to 45 credits in selected programs. For more information and the application process, visit

Worker Retraining

If you have experienced a major change in your employment circumstances in the last 48 months, including displaced homemaker, military separation, and unemployed status, you may qualify for Worker Retraining assistance. Worker Retraining applications are available on the college website, or by calling (360) 417-6263.

Basic Food Employment and Training (BFET)

The BFET Program can provide support and assistance with tuition, books, and other support services for eligible students in professional-technical programs who are receiving Basic Food through the Department of Social and Health Services. For more information, contact the DSHS Programs Coordinator at (360) 417-6505 or toll free 1 (877) 452-9277, ext. 6505.


The WorkFirst program supports students who are current recipients of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program through the State Department of Social and Health Services and who are taking classes to improve their work skills and increase their wage earning capacity. For information and eligibility requirements, please contact the DSHS Programs Coordinator at (360) 417-6351 or toll free 1 (877) 452-9277, ext. 6351.