FA 105 : BASIC INDUSTRIAL FIRST AID
Prepares students to perform basic first aid procedures in cases of emergencies. Learn how to prevent accidents in the home and on the job. Adult and infant CPR. Provides three-year certification.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the First Aid provider.
- Realize the importance of scene safety and body substance isolation.
- Understand the Good Samaritan Law, consent, and confidentiality.
- Perform an emergency move and place an ill person in the recovery position.
- Open and maintain an airway.
- Provide rescue breathing.
- Manage an obstructed airway.
- Identify and perform scene safety.
- Perform primary (initial) and secondary (detailed) survey of an injured and or ill patient.
- Perform adult one and two rescuer CPR.
- Recognize the warning signs and symptoms of medical emergencies.
- Recognize and care for a patient with a decreased level of consciousness.
- Control external bleeding, recognize signs and symptoms of internal bleeding recognize and care for shock.
- Recognize and stabilize suspected spinal injury.
- Recognize and provide manual stabilization of suspected skeletal injuries.
- Learn how to operate an Automatic External Defibrillator.
- AHA BLS Healthcare provider certification.
At a Glance
Program: First Aid