Examine and practice the principles of FATTOM (Food, acidity, time, temperature, oxygen and moisture). Students will learn about different facilities and equipment, understand food processing, distribution environments and formal sanitation and food safety programs.
- Students will be able to identify proper temperature for storage, preparation and service of products.
- Students will be able to store food in its proper order, dated and labeled correctly as per state and industry standards.
- Comprehension of how sanitation, regular cleaning and proper handling can prevent illness.
- Comprehension of H.A.C.C.P and its importance always keeping in mind the principles of F.A.T.T.O.M. and F.I.F.O. (First In First Out).
- Students will learn how to clean as they go, keep a professional workstation neat and organized and work as a team to ensure that the kitchen stays safe and sanitary.