Audio/oral approach, emphasizing speaking the language and incorporating short stories, comprehensive reviews, and language drills. This class may include students from multiple sections. (Elective)
- Demonstrate an awareness of cultural elements and understand their role in communication at the basic level.
- Apply new French vocabulary through a variety of written and oral assignments at the basic level.
- Demonstrate novice level proficiency in listening, reading, speaking and writing in French and the ability to function effectively in French in a variety of real-life situations.
- Apply appropriate grammatical structures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultural elements and their role that influences the language and the culture of the French - speaking countries.