Development of leadership skills and experiences through lecture, lab and group activities. Examines personal leadership styles, ethics, conflict resolution, communication and related topics. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Identify and develop leadership principles, including leadership styles, effective communication, parliamentary procedure, conflict resolution, problem solving, delegation, decision making and team work.
- Examine ethical practices as they relate to leadership.
- Develop interpersonal communication skills.
- Plan, implement and evaluate events and activities.
- Explore the purpose and process of selecting and setting goals.
- Explore and encourage critical thinking.
- Identify historical leaders and evaluate those leaders.
- Explore theories of leadership.
- Manage a budget.