GS 185-187 : STUDENT LEADERSHIP
Development of leadership skills and experiences through lecture, lab and group activities. Examines personal leadership styles, ethics, conflict resolution, communication and related topics.
- Identify and develop leadership principles, including leadership styles, effective communication, parliamentary procedure, conflict resolution, problem solving, delegation, decision making and team work.
- Examine ethical practices as they relate to leadership.
- Develop interpersonal communication skills.
- Plan, implement and evaluate events and activities.
- Explore the purpose and process of selecting and setting goals.
- Explore and encourage critical thinking.
- Identify historical leaders and evaluate those leaders.
- Explore theories of leadership.
- Manage a budget.
At a Glance
Program: General Studies