GRBD 165 : INTRODUCTION TO ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
Students will learn about sustainable alternative energy and examine, in detail, solar, wind, and mini-hydro electricity. Perform an energy audit and analyze current energy usage. Explore components, efficiency, and requirements of each type of system and design a grid tied or an off grid sustainable alternative energy system for a single family residence.
- Define terminology and concepts related to Sustainable Alternative Energy.
- Perform an energy audit to determine household energy requirements.
- Compare and contrast Solar, Wind, and Mini-Hydro Sustainable Alternative Energy options.
- Develop and design a Sustainable Alternative Energy System plan that adequately meets the energy requirements of a single family residence, as determined by an energy audit.
- Compare cost, efficiency, and reliability of Solar, Wind, Mini-Hydro, and Grid Power for a given location.
At a Glance