This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to develop, conduct, evaluate and report effective exercises that test a community's operations plan and operational response capability. Throughout the course, participants will learn about topics including exercise program management, design and development, evaluation, and improvement planning. It also builds a foundation for subsequent exercise courses, which provide the specifics of the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) and the National Standard Exercise Curriculum (NSEC). This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Describe the exercise design process.
- Identify hazards that affect a community or organization.
- Develop a purpose statement for an exercise.
- Develop objectives for an exercise.
- Design a discussion based exercise.
- Develop exercise evaluation support material.