This course will explore the importance and role of grants in Tribal Emergency Management. Students will research various emergency management grants (federal, tribal, state, and local) and their potential impacts on communities predominately populated by indigenous peoples. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Research how grants contribute to effective Tribal Emergency Management.
- Identify emergency management grants available to indigenous peoples and their non-tribal emergency management partners.
- Describe the grant application process and requirements for a successful grant application.
- Describe a successful grant management process.
- Identify and evaluate the effectiveness of a grant-funded project.
- Articulate the need for sustainable grant funding for Tribal Emergency Management.