This course prepares the HSEM student for the work based learning experience. Students will learn how to search for jobs and internships, prepare resumes and job applications, prepare for job and internship interviews, and create an appropriate professional portfolio. This class may include students from multiple sections.
45 HSEM credits
- Develop a Professional Portfolio exhibiting professional development efforts, progress, and achievements.
- Develop model resumes, applications, cover letters, and references for appropriate level work positions.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify job openings appropriate to the student's knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Prepare answers to routine HSEM related interview questions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the work based learning experience by identifying potential work based learning sites.