HOSP 100 : Introduction to Hospitality
Explore the hospitality and tourism industry including lodging, restaurants, managed services, recreation, theme parks, clubs, and gaming entertainment; and assemblies. Learn universal service standards, customer service for guests and key elements of professional service delivery.
- Describe the interrelated nature of hospitality and tourism and the characteristics of the hospitality industry.
- Implement universal service standards.
- Discuss success in service and describe appraise approaches to successful service.
- Draw organizational charts for various divisions of a hotel.
- Identify key areas and tasks for front and back of the house operations.
- Summarize the skills required for concierge services.
- Discuss the structure of management and operations for theme parks, attractions, cruises and clubs.
- Describe different positions within and various activities related to the gaming entertainment.