This class offers a comprehensive foundation of hospitality management, the world's largest industry. Explore the role of strategy in creating firm value and growth and stresses the relationship between leadership theory, strategic thinking and financial management for hospitality and tourism. Students will discuss structure and implementation, performance and environmental scanning. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Describe the concept of strategic management as applied to the hospitality industry.
- Discuss leadership strategies, visioning processes and the implications for leading change.
- Manage, motivate and cross train teams and individual staff.
- Formulate a performance standard system.
- Recognize and practice cultural diversity in hiring and leading.
- Utilize effective conflict resolution methods for a given problem.