This course will provide an overview of customer service, content delivery, and sustainability for adventure travel leadership and guiding. This course will provide a foundation for those interested in pursuing a career in Adventure Travel, as well as connecting existing professionals to international standards. This course will also examine issues and trends in the adventure travel industry and specifically those affecting guides, tour leaders, and instructors. This class may include students from multiple sections.
- Describe the key principles of adventure travel guiding.
- Analyze the global adventure travel industry.
- Apply interpretive guiding principles and practices.
- Explain principles in sustainability for the adventure travel guide.
- Evaluate customer service skills for the adventure travel guide.
- Apply the core concepts of risk management and assessment to the role of guide.
- Develop and present a plan for creating and delivering a guide experience.